To parents do good and to relatives, orphans, the needy, the near neighbour, the neighbour further away, the companion at your side, the traveller and those whom your right hand possess”.....Do good! An Nisa – Quran 4:36
The following core operating values influence the culture and public image of The Fatimah Foundation as an effective community-based organization serving a wide variety of individuals and families.
- Caring Attitude – Fatimah Foundation demonstrates compassionate support and concern for people affected by violence and their families. As a part of this caring attitude, we educate and inform clients and their families.
- Responsiveness - Fatimah Foundation finds solutions that meet the needs and preferences of people affected by violence and their families through direct service or referrals to other providers.
- Respectfulness - Fatimah Foundation honours the choices of people affected by violence, encouraging each person to take control over his/her own life, and helps to shape these based on what is important to each individual. We respect the role that families have in helping to shape these choices as well.
- Diversity - Fatimah Foundation understands that people affected by violence are part of all races, ethnicities, and religions; we seek to assist as many people as our financial resources support.
- Integrity and Accountability - Fatimah Foundation has the highest level of integrity in its administrative, service, and outreach activities; we tie these activities directly to our mission, and we maintain and report our records accurately.
- Partnerships - Fatimah Foundation works with a wide variety of partners and advocates for quality service by all partners.
- Advocacy – Fatimah Foundation educates the public and advocates for the long-term best interests of people affected by violence and their families.
- Financial Sustainability - Fatimah Foundation believes its work as an advocate and service provider will be needed for many years into the future. Therefore, we strive to deliver on our mission with thoughtful strategic choices that ensure we have sufficient financial resources.